Note: This course is offered exclusively in English. However, if you have at least 4 participants (including CAPM candidates), we will also be able to organise an internal training programme in German or French. Contact us!
«We are proud to have an impressive record, with a pass rate in excess of 94% !»
Erik Leibundgut, Managing Director swiss management training gaf
The Certified Associate in Project Management «CAPM» credential, established by the Project Management Institute is an entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for people with less hands-on project experience than PMP, the CAPM demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
If you have several years of experience leading and directing projects, you may want to see if you are ready for the Project Management Professional (PMP) instead.
To apply for the CAPM, you need to have a secondary diploma (high school or global equivalent) and
• either at least 1500 hours project management experience
• or 23 hours of project management education (which is provided by this course)
• The aim of the course is to prepare you to pass the CAPM Certification Exam
• All about the five process groups: Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control and Close
• All about the ten knowledge areas: Communication, Stakeholder, Schedule, Cost, Scope, Integration, Resources, Risk, Quality and Procurement Management
• Typical pitfalls of the PMP Exam
• 2+2 day classroom training
• Web-based exam simulation X-AM – more than 1000 questions: Demo version
• 80…100 h of self-study, entirely at your personal pace
• Hotline to trainer and GAF office provides on-going support
• Reference material: Your personal copies of the Project Management Body of Knowledge(PMBoK), Rita Mulcahy’s study book and the GAF PMP Exam Prep binder
• The Exam is a computer-based multiple-choice exam, 150 questions in 3 hours.
Lunch, web-based exam drill, prep book an further documentation and hotline are included.
Budget an additional US$ 225 – 300 for the exam application itself.
The CAPM-dates correspond to the PMP-dates.